Need help and can’t find the solution below? Click here to contact our support team.
For information about using the Oxford Phonics World: School Edition app content, please see the App Guide.
I can’t sign into the website
- You are typing in the correct password – if you can’t remember your password, you can reset it here. Even if you are sure you have the right password, please try resetting it and then try logging in with the new email and password combination.
- You have confirmed your account using the email that was sent to you when you signed up for an account. If you did not receive it, please check your spam folder and email settings.
I haven’t received my account confirmation email
Please check your spam folder and email settings – if you want the confirmation email to be resent with a new confirmation link, please attempt to sign in to the website with the email address and password you entered when you signed up for an account. A message will be displayed confirming a new confirmation email was sent.
How do I change my password?
Sign in to your account and go to the My Account page. There, you can choose to update your profile or change your password.
I’ve forgotten my password. What should I do?
Go to the Password Reset Request page and enter your email address.
I can’t redeem my code!
An Oxford Phonics World: School edition code can only be redeemed once – if you have already redeemed it on a different account, you will not be able to redeem it again.
Please be sure you are entering a code from Levels 1, 2 or 3 of the Oxford Phonics World series. Go here for the e-books for Levels 4 and 5 of the Oxford Phonics World.
How do I redeem my code(s)?
Sign in to your account and go to the Redeem Codes page. Then enter your code – you can add a new user or assign your code to an existing user. If you have more than one code, repeat the process for each code.
Where do I get codes from?
You can get a free code from the Access Card attached to the inside front cover of the latest edition of Level 1, 2 or 3 of the Oxford Phonics World student books which can be used to unlock access in the Oxford Phonics World: School Edition app on iOS and Android. The Oxford Phonics World books can be bought at all good bookshops and online.
Can I buy a code?
No. However, if you’re not able to get hold of the latest edition of the book, then the Personal Edition of the Oxford Phonics World app is also available. The first unit of each level is free and subsequent units can be purchased via in-app purchase. You can download it here.
How do I reassign a code?
Need to assign a code to a different user? Go to the Manage Users and Codes page and select Edit next to the user whose code you want to reassign. You can then choose to remove the user’s code or add an unassigned code to the user. As long as the code has not expired, you can remove and reassign it as many times as you like.
Can I use the same code for multiple children?
Unfortunately, a code can only be assigned to a single child at a time – please see How do I reassign a code? for more info.
I can only access one level! The other levels are locked!
A code from a book can only be used to access a single level: the same level as that of the book.
I can’t sign into the app
- You are typing in the correct password – if you can’t remember your password, you can reset it here.
- You have confirmed your account using the email that was sent to you when you signed up for an account – if you did not recieve it, please check your spam folder and email settings.
- You have added a user and they have a valid code assigned to them – you can check the status of your users and codes by signing in and going to the Manage Users and Codes page.
- You have signed up for an Oxford Phonics World: School edition account – if not, you can sign up here.
How do I reset user progress?
- If you are not signed in to the website, Sign In here.
- Go to Manage Users and Codes and select “Edit” on your child’s name.
- Select “Reset User Progress” at the bottom of screen.
- Open the Oxford Phonics World: School Edition app and go to “Grown–Ups”.
- Select “Users” in the top left of the screen.
- Select your child’s name and their progress will be reset.
I can’t access other levels in the app (levels are locked)
Please make sure you have a valid code redeemed and assigned to the user for the level you want to access by signing in to the website then going to Manage Users and Codes – Oxford Phonics World student books come with an Access Card with a code for that specific level of student book only. If you want to access other levels, you must purchase a copy of the relevant level of Oxford Phonics World student book in order to get a code for that level.
How do I switch between users in the app?
To switch between users, tap the Grown-Ups tab and then select Users in the top left corner. You can then choose from the users registered to your account.
I can’t hear the audio!
- You have updated the app to the latest version
- The Mute function at the bottom left of the Main Menu screen has not been activated.
- The audio is not muted on your device. You can also try restarting the app and restarting the device.
Where do I find Oxford Phonics World resources?
Go here for audio and other resources for the book.